By joining together, we can build homes that people can actually afford, create real pathways to better jobs, and ensure that we all benefit from Wake County’s dramatic economic transformation.
ONE Wake's issue agenda was formed through over 3,600 grassroots conversations within our member institutions and the communities that surround them. Our agenda includes the following:
- Prioritize the budget so that a penny of the Town’s tax rate goes toward creating and preserving affordable housing (learn more here);
- Create a new property tax subsidy program to prevent rising property taxes from displacing low income homeowners (learn more here);
- Designate over 100 acres of city owned land for affordable housing (learn more here);
- Use county land in the West Town neighborhood of Wendell for affordable housing and other amenities;
- Preserve manufactured housing through resident-owned cooperatives in Wake Forest;
- Grow the Barriers Removal Program at WakeTech to provide more cost of living scholarships for students in workforce development courses;
- Address inequities in Wake County Public Schools relating to learning loss, teaching conditions, mental health, and access to technology.
ONE Wake member institutions have pledged to organize a non-partisan, county-wide, 10,000 strong voting bloc to support our issue agenda. Join us here.
Read more about our platform and our power strategy below:
Do you like this page?