ONE Wake is about people: developing their innate skills and ability to work with each other to identify common problems, to find or create workable solutions, and to work together to implement systemic changes within society to achieve the common good.
ONE Wake is a non-partisan, multi-ethnic, multi-issue group of religious congregations, associations, and other non-profits in the Wake County area with aggregate membership totaling in excess of 50,000 households.
ONE Wake does its work by:
- Conducting thousands of individual and small group meetings with clergy and lay leaders;
- Training congregational representatives in how to understand and affect local and regional political processes;
- Developing a large leadership core from those representatives;
- Identifying issues of concern to all sectors of the community;
- Strengthening relationships within and between member congregations;
- Forging alliances across the lines of religion and ethnicity to develop a broad-based vision for Wake County;
- Moving that vision into a multi-issue agenda of action for the organization.